Perkasie Borough Community Garden 2020
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Thank you for your interest in having a plot in our Community Garden! Below contains important information so please read it in its entirety.
Lots are 12’ x 12’ and renters will be able to select an available numbered mimicing the sketch in the PDF below. Available plots will be listed as so: 202019 (so the year 2020, and plot space 19) Questions? Call 215-257-5065 x115
A fee of $ 15.00 and a water key deposit of $25.00 are required for each lot. Your deposit will be refunded at the end of the growing season providing that all left over stakes, ties, harvested plants, etc. have been cleared from the lot and the key has been returned to Borough Hall.
Once lots are ready for planting you will be notified. Please only two lots per household and then click separately for the water key. During the office closure due to the current pandemic, we will arrange a day and time for water key pick up. (if you have two plots only one key fee is necessary, thank you)
Important information and Rules:
- Initial tilling of the garden is provided on all lots.
- The growing season begins after Mothers Day/once lots are tilled and stacked.
- After the garden is tilled, lots will be marked and numbered.
- Planting is unavailable before lots are tilled and staked
- Do not place any debris, such as rocks or sticks, in the walkway.
- All debris that is compost may be placed in the compost pile located at the rear of the garden.
- Perkasie Borough provides trash pick-up at this location on Tuesdays - Please use the trash cans provided
- Lots must be kept in good condition. Lots that are not maintained will be considered abandoned and deposit forfeited - Failure to maintain lot may prohibit you from future involvement
- The use of mulch and/or other growing materials to help keep weeds under control is encouraged.
- No commercial pesticides are permitted.
- No shade producing plants over 4’ tall are permitted
- Lots are not rolled over to the next year, please return your water key to Borough Hall when the season is over.
- If you want to plant sunflowers, please contact the Borough Office.
- *** ABSOLUTELY NO CORN IS PERMITTED!!***
Residents will be able to purchase a plot beginning Monday, March 2, 2020.
Non-residents will be able to purchase a plot beginning Wednesday, April 1, 2020. There is a maximum of two plots per household during these time periods. If the Garden is not full and you would like to purchase another plot please contact the Borough on/after Monday, May 4, 2020. We appreciate your cooperation and expect to give all interested participants a chance to garden, thank you.
July 27th is not the end of the gardening season, it is just the last day we'll accept any garden plot registrations, thank you!
SPONSORED BY THE PERKASIE BOROUGH PARKS & RECREATION BOARD
with the cooperation of Perkasie Borough Authority.
***All current social distancing and mandates apply. Please make sure to keep at least a 6' distance from other gardeners and wear a face mask. Keep your section CLEAN and tidy with the supplied receptacles for trash.
Additional Forms and Files: